Now that I have had time to digest (I guess!) last night’s episode of Lost (Season 4 Episode 10 Something Nice Back Home), I have some thoughts to share. These will not be particularly insightful but there you go.
- Sawyer did not get off the island – seemingly by choice
- Jack and Kate totally hook up, get engaged and then it all starts to unravel due to either Jack’s paranoia or more likely, although less plausibly, some manevolent island-related force which is also making them see dead people. Or they are, as Hurley believes, dead themselves (I don’t buy it though).
- Juliet realises she is onto a lost cause with Jack.
- When Sawyer gets back to the beach, he is going to be shouting ‘I told you so’ to Kate
- Kate still feels something for Sawyer by the time she leaves the island – i.e. her promise which is not explained but I suspect has something to do with Sawyer’s daughter, Clementine.
- The first flash-forward we saw at the end of last season seems to occur after the scenes with Jack and Kate all loved up and smoochy and sexy and stuff. We are seeing the beginning of Jack’s downward spiral that leads to him listneing to Nirvana on the way to someone’s funeral.
- Claire is maybe gone forever? Is this why Aaron left the island without her?
- Does Future Jack know about his relationship to Claire? His outburst “You are not even related to him” (or similar) seems to suggest he does (with an unsopoken “but I am”).
- Why did Charlie tell Hurley to tell Jack that he not raise Aaron?
This was a superb episode with some answers but a lot more questions. The Jate opening was very squee-worthy (I am sure a whole bunch of ‘shippers went into shock on see this). It feels like we are getting close to some answers but as we know there are still a couple more seasons I think we are going to have to be very patient to find out everything. Oh and, bonus points for figuring out the significance of this blog post title!